laser 2

s.l.d

Cadet
Hi all im running a laser 2 a41 19p on my searay 18 signature ,4.3 mercruiser, alpha 1 1993 ,not worried about hole shot ,more top end .what other props could i try???? .........thanks very much james

jestor68

Commander
Re: laser 2

What is rpm with the 19? Shooting for 4400-4800 rpm.

s.l.d

Cadet

Hi boat is running around 4700 rpm ,sea conditions were not ideal ,the 19 will be ideal for wakeboarding,a little more top end would be great ..........james

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Laser's are a very good prop for lightweight bass boat's not so good when it comes to heavy bow rider's. Solas HR props are a good bet from previous histroy going down a pitch to a 18 should firm up the response but it will be a unknown until you put a prop on the boat with more blade area to determine the final pitch.

aerobat

Master Chief Petty Officer

i think you are now propped close to optimum and any tries are a waste of money.

you will not gain any more speed than you have now with your current laser II, pitched to make the engine rev optimum 4700 rpm,s.

cheers

s.l.d

Cadet

Hi all many thanks for all the advice ,i will stay with the laser ll ,many thanks james

jestor68

Commander

Since the Laser is available in one inch increments ( most are 2 inch sizes), there is room to play.

But I'll agree that the Solas HR Titan is a better prop for the application. A 19" pitch HR Titan might be a good one to try. Plus it's a lot less $ than any Mercury SS prop. :)

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer

What's your current GPS speed? I would think a Tempest Plus would be better than the Laser II for your boat. It's designed for heaver boats and should provide you better lift. It will also use the same hub kit as your current prop.

s.l.d

Cadet

Hi my current or average speed with gps is 41mph ,but like i said sea condition were not great ,love the boat ,but think shes got more to give ........

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer

Ok so we're looking at 41MPH at 4700 RPMs. Running those numbers through a prop calculator I get a little over 16%. Not great your not running very efficiently. I suspect that the problem is that your boat is just to heavy for the Laser II to lift it and not slip. Try the Tempest Plus or Enertia in 19 or 20 pitch.