How to know the horse power in this engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

707samuel

Recruit
Hi I'm new on this tape of engines and I get this motor don't know how works and all about it.
Horsepower size?
Start?
Gas lanes?
Oil level?
Wiring?
Any advice?. Thanks

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to know the horse power in this engine?

Huh? Lol we arent mind readers, will need much more info such as model/serial number, even some pics.

Welcome to iboats!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

Grasshopper, I know that I am supposed to teach you how to overpower your opponent when you are blind and deaf, but that's Kung Fu. I am not skilled in the art of figuring out what engine you are talking about, with absolutely no information about it!

kbait

Commander

The cowling usually has a number on it. Convert to horsepower and there ya go!

nwcove

Admiral

I usually count hooves and divide by 4 to determine hp.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

My crystal ball is broken and I lost my magic wand.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Hi I'm new on this tape of engines and I get this motor don't know how works and all about it.Horsepower size? Start? Gas lanes? Oil level? Wiring? Any advice?. Thanks

707samuel... You can see that there are many technicians standing in line just waiting to fire off the answers you're looking for but you need to take the time and effort to explain fully the questions. The manner in which your questions are posted are begging for one word answers... however we don't know the actual meaning behind those questions. You need to spell it out so to speak if you expect intelligent answers.

54bobby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

can someone please tell me the make, model and hp of my engine also?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

All I can say is... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH !!

bwkre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lets see, how about a 1969 Evinrude 25 hp Sportster?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

From the general description of it Bobby, after discussing it thoroughly with my associates and the company engineering staff, we've come to the conclusion that it appears to be a 1989 ford 302 engine with various modifications. We wish you the best of luck with your ongoing installation attempt in your aluminum fourteen foot Jon boat.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Ok Wow......there should be a plate on the transom bracket,that's the part of the motor that bolts to the boat. On that plate there should be some numbers/ letters. Model,serial number. Write them down in exact order that's on the plate. Post them on here and mabe we can get ya started in the right direction,also pictures help a lot. We want to help we just need some more information!
Grub

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Samuel, first let me apologize for my colleagues' ridicule. That is not the iboats style.

I am going to close this thread, and I invite you to post what you do know about your outboard in a new thread, along with a specific question.

Status
Not open for further replies.