Power Trim

Red1987

Recruit
When I push my power trim switch I can hear it click in the motor but nothing happens.What come be wrong?

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Power Trim

Normally a click when you push either the up or down button means the trim motor is kaput. But being you haven't a model number or anything, can't say much more.

RRitt

Captain

When I push my power trim switch I can hear it click in the motor but nothing happens.What come be wrong?

could be a lot of things. make life simple. hot wire the motor directly to a lawnmower battery. if trim works then it's your solenoid wiring somewhere (could be any of three or four things). if trim doesn't work then its your motor.

Dave1027

Lieutenant Junior Grade

could be a lot of things. make life simple. hot wire the motor directly to a lawnmower battery. if trim works then it's your solenoid wiring somewhere (could be any of three or four things). if trim doesn't work then its your motor.

How about use the boat battery? Around these parts (the low rent district) lawn mowers don't have batteries. :facepalm:

RRitt

Captain

car battery, boat battery, etc etc. Heck, a pair of jumper cables off the pick-up works just fine too. It needs to be a good healthy battery though. These trim motors don't tolerate weak or old batteries very well. They often give false symptoms if the juice is low.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Also disconnect all solenoid wires and clean connections till shiny then snug them up tight....Worked for me.