help trim sensor not working

tlang

Recruit
have 2007 volvo pentax SX, trim guage/sensor not working, when key off trim guage goes to down position when power key on guage goes to up position but when you trim leg down guage does not move. Local dealer told me replace trim sensor which i did but still not working, any ideas on what to look at next.

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: help trim sensor not working

Disconnect the wires from the sensor and see how it acts. If the guage still goes to full up position with the key on then check the wires to see if they are grounding out somewhere.

tlang

Recruit

Disconnect the wires from the sensor and see how it acts. If the guage still goes to full up position with the key on then check the wires to see if they are grounding out somewhere.

unplugged sensor and tried key on, still does same thing so you are saying their is a short in wiring then or just not grounded?

T_Herrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

What color wires run to trim gauge and sender? There must be a power wire that grounded out. You might think about moving this over to a different area where the real techs will see it.

Thalasso

Commander

have 2007 volvo pentax SX, trim guage/sensor not working, when key off trim guage goes to down position when power key on guage goes to up position but when you trim leg down guage does not move. Local dealer told me replace trim sensor which i did but still not working, any ideas on what to look at next.
In the Stickies section, under Volvo Penta Info

12. Troubleshooting SX/DP-S Trim System. This thread covers the 2 relay trim system used on many of the SX and DP-S drives. With diagrams and manual information.