Mounting Template

NZ-Kevin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have just removed an MC-1 transom plate and I'm replacing in with an Alpha GenII transom plate. The mounting holes and hole required are different. Is there somewhere that has a template for the holes required to fit the drives so I can work out exactly how to do this. I'm sure this must be easily available on line, I'm just looking in the wrong place. I want to print off a full sized template to mount on the boat to mark out all the required holes and material to be removed.

NZ-Kevin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Mounting Template

That's exactly what I was looking for Don, and the dimensions from dozerll's link will let me make sure it is printed at the right scale if I can't get one from the local merc agent.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mounting Template

The one you buy from Merc is full size. No need to measure anything, Just tape it on the transom over the existing holes so the bolt holes you have are right, then drill with a small 1/8" or less bit for the top two holes. They must be drilled perpendicular to the transom, or you will not get the transom shield on. Lots of drill guides on the market to do that.
You may have to cut out a small amount of the opening at the bottom, depending on how old your MC-1 drive was.