Opinion 30 pro line

frfly172

Seaman
Looking for info on 30 pro line walk around.looking at 2002 30 pro line walk around with merc 225 optimac any info appreciated Thanks Ron

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Opinion 30 pro line

back in '02 when we were looking for a boat, one of the brands we really liked was Pro-Line ... they have stood the test of time and as with any preowned boat, my concerns would be the physical condition of the boat and motor but I'd have no concerns about the Pro-Line brand

Jim

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a '96 20 foot walk around w/150 merc offshore . 30 MPH cruising at 4000 RPM, 40-43 MPH top speed at 5200 RPM. 150 is top rated HP for my boat, but it fees like a little more HP like a 175 wouldn't hurt. IMO a single 225 seems under powered for the weight and beam of a 30. As far as ProLine I love the boat, handles well, does wander a bit idle, has a bit of sail effect due to high freeboard & cutty. Sort of normal stuff w/single engine, no problem after you understand it. Love the large gas tank capacity, livewell, and ice locker setup. Real easy to clean up by hosing down everything after usage. On my 20 the cutty is more of a gear, rod storage & porta potty locker, Can be used as a foul weather shelter, but it's not comfortable for long stays !!! Love to go up to a 25-30 and would very seriously consider Proline, but it would defiantly be twin 150's or more if I went that size.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I agree with Bob; pro-lines have a good reputation as a durable and well-designed boat; just one 225 for a 30' boat sounds light. Did one fall off?