What a Sixteen Foot Jon Will Do for You

lncoop

Vice Admiral
I've splashed my new to me sixteen foot Polarkraft a few times, but last week she got a pretty good workout up on the White River. Just thought I'd show a shot of her in action (action being a relative term:rolleyes:). That's my brother in the stern. He's just a shade under three bills. In the center is my nephew and his buddy (John) and in the front is another nephew (brother's son). We took a three day (Monday through Wednesday) camping and fishing expedition to a place where my brother and I spent a lot of time as kids. On Tuesday we drove upriver and floated the eight or so miles back down to camp in the Polarkraft, flatback canoe, and Mad River. The whole trip was near perfect, but that day will be one for the books; perfect weather and water and lots of Bald Eagles, herons, and the usual assortment of river critters (including trout). By the last day John still hadn't caught a fish so they went across the river and anchored over a can't miss hole. Poor little fella still got shut out.:( If you ever have the opportunity to spend time on the White (and/or the Buffalo) I strongly encourage you to do so, and if you do so, be sure to look me up. I'm always looking for an excuse to head that way.;)

Attachment-1.jpg

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What a Sixteen Foot Jon Will Do for You

beautiful .... you guys are building memories that will be treasured from now on

Jim

southkogs

Staff member

I strongly encourage you to do so, and if you do so, be sure to look me up. I'm always looking for an excuse to head that way.;)
... been trying to work out a trip to the white for a while. Haven't pulled it off yet.

Sounds like a great trip Coop.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

Arkansas is truly God's country, with many, many great lakes and trout streams. My sister went fishing south of Mountain Home last winter, and she stayed at a hotel with the most incredible restaurant in her memory--right on the river. They had guides baiting their hooks and telling them where to cast. Fishing there can be truly a first class experience, even for a Memphis city slicker.

I used to work the Batesville to Ash Flat area, and especially enjoyed the people we did business with. Arkansas people are just a little different--more like the people of upper East Tennessee.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

We used to take float trips there and on the Crooked Creek in Yellville and float to the White. I have many great memories form those trips with my brother & dad. Lota great fishing & scenery! We go a long weekend most every year. last few years we have gone to Beaver Lake or Greer's Ferry.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

We used to take float trips there and on the Crooked Creek in Yellville and float to the White. I have many great memories form those trips with my brother & dad. Lota great fishing & scenery! We go a long weekend most every year. last few years we have gone to Beaver Lake or Greer's Ferry.

Oh man. I LOVE Crooked Creek. Spent my early childhood in Harrison and I think my brother and I caught every Pumpkinseed and Goggle Eye in the creek. I've done the Buffalo from Rush to the White but never Crooked Creek to the White. Can you remember much about that float? I'm intrigued.

kfa4303

Banned

AWESOME trip and pics! I hope lil' John has better luck next time. Hopefully, the kids will want to get back on the water soon. Major brownie points for you too Incoop! Taking kids out on the water is the best.