CYBER MONDAY - Be Prepared

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Be prepared...... it's Cyber Monday.

I received a text earlier this morning that won a $1000 gift card in a contest from Target. Well considering I have not even driven past a Target in about 5 years and do not enter their contests...... I did some back checking and it is a SCAM.

Please be careful and enjoy your day!!;)

southkogs

Staff member
Re: CYBER MONDAY - Be Prepared

... ditto. Except it was Best Buy and I had been there in the last few weeks. Didn't enter any contests tho.

Thanks Bob, and be careful out there y'all.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Ya, the Grinches will be out in force until Christmas............:facepalm:

82rude

Rear Admiral

the amasing part is they get lots of suckers every year even though everybody in the world knows about these scams.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When you get 8 to 12 a day you do get familiar with most of them. However, some recent ones that have been popping up are the Better Business Bureau and AOL Email scams, neither of which appear to ask for personal contact (ID theft) info at first and neither of which appeal to greed.

bassman284

Commander

... ditto. Except it was Best Buy and I had been there in the last few weeks. Didn't enter any contests tho.

Thanks Bob, and be careful out there y'all.

Nothing today (so far), but a few months ago I got 4 texts for Best Buy "offers" over a couple of days. My last purchase from Best Buy was about 3 years ago as nearly as I can remember. And I generally do not give my cell number to businesses. Still got a land line (dinosaur). The irritating part was that I have a Gophone prepaid and they charged me a dime for each of those texts.