Yamie Question Capt. Ken

Nappy426

Cadet
Capt. Ken,<br />As posted in some earlier posts, I detonated my engine begining of the season. I have a 92 yamaha 4.3 I/O. I had plans to rebuild myself but, because of lack of funds, it has just been sitting in the garage. I however found out today that my insurance will cover the repairs. I am taking the boat and motor to the local Yamaha dealer in the morning. Since you are a certified Yamaha Tech I thought I would get your input on the possible repair options (and I do understand that without looking at it yourself you can't tell me what should or will happen). Best case senario are the parts available through Yamaha to rebuild (heads, bearings, rings)or are alot discontinued? If not, is there a motor that it can be replaced with or does both the motor and foot have to be swaped to a different manufacturer. Worst case, since insurance is taking care of it is it possible they will total it out, boat value is around 7,500. Just trying to think of the possible options (of course thinking usually gets me in trouble!!!). Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Yamie Question Capt. Ken

The Actual Engine is a Chevy,....... Just like Merc.,+ Volvo......<br /><br />It's Everything that's Bolted To It, that are Yamaha Parts...........

dmarkvid2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yamie Question Capt. Ken

Nappy, You say your insurance covers your repair? Thats cool. I didnt realize you could have that type of insurance. Is it expencive to carry that? I'll have to check into it, never know when I might need it.