Eurosport sunbird II

EurosportII

Recruit
I have a 1987 Eurosport ran great and went to put into the water today for tests and now it will only run when I have the key turned to start the motor I've checked all wires coil new starter and ignition please help!!!! It's a Chevy 350 carb

Re: Eurosport sunbird II

Hi. Can you explain that more fully? If you are saying it only runs with the key held in the "start" position - what's the starter motor doing when the engine fires?

Bondo

Staff member

I have a 1987 Eurosport ran great and went to put into the water today for tests and now it will only run when I have the key turned to start the motor I've checked all wires coil new starter and ignition please help!!!! It's a Chevy 350 carb

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... A 350 Chevy maybe, but Who marinized it,..?? 'n What drive,..??

The hull it's in is irrelevant in this forum...

Moose truck

Seaman Apprentice

Hey There! Check the Man Overboard Switch. My cousin's Celebratory did that w/ the MOB switch activated. Re-pluged it in, and all was well.
regards, Moose

Speakrdude

Ensign

The second thing to check, with a 12v test probe,($2.95 at Harbor Freight) is the purple wire on the key switch (or on the engine) with the key switch in the "on" position.

If the probe lights up in "start" only and not "on", bad key switch. As a temporary fix, you can use a jumper wire from the Red wire/post to the purple wire/post on the key switch, then start. It should run.
Have had several switches go bad.