quick strike questions

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 96 quick strike 150 I just finished a complete rebuild on. The motor has approx 30 min of running time and all of it has a low speed miss and will not idle. Today it seems hard to turn over by hand at the flywheel nut. Yesterday after running it a little I pulled the plugs and what appeared to be water vapor came out from a couple of the cylinders on each bank. Could the "O" rings sealing the cylinders be reused if I were to pull the heads off to check for water. How do you check these guys for leaks other than looking for a steam cleaned appearance? I understand some of the V6's had cracks in #1, and also the regulator area.
thanks
rcb130

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: quick strike questions

A quick way to check is to remove all the spark plugs, ground the spark plug wires, and hook up your muffs to it full blast. Then turn the mtr over and see if you get any water coming out of the plug holes. The V-6's did have water probs with # 1 but it was before '96.

rcb130

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boobie,
Thanks for the response. This is a 95 not a 96. Can the "O" rings on the cylinders be reused after 30 min of off and on running time?
thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner

They probably can but I myself have never done it. If you have a prob on #1 it will usually show up on the spark plug.