Calling all MS Word Gurus!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I am flummoxed in a page setup issue. I am trying to create an 8.5 x 11 page, border to border, top to bottom with 3 columns and 5 rows. In each of the spaces (cells?) I want to print the same items. I would also hope to have cell division lines printed.

The text for these cells are as follows: All in bold with the largest margin at the top of the cell

Tool

Date

Name

Tel #

I am making a cork board for an OMC mechanic friend who lends tools then forgets who he lent them too. With a page of these cells, I will cut them up into individual tickets. When he loans a tool he can have the perp fill out a ticket and he can pin it to the cork board. If at any point he cannot find ( yes, I think his memory is failing) a particular tool, he can go to the cork board and see who he might have lent it to.

Any help would be appreciated. My Version of MS Word is 2007.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Calling all MS Word Gurus!

You know how to create a table right?

Easier with Excel probably if you have it.

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Download open office. Its free and much easier to use.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

It is no easier to accomplish what he is trying to do in open office than it is in word!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Boomyal, the wife whipped you up a chart last night, check your PM's.

Well there you go so did Don.

StickyWidget

Seaman

Here is another version.

Attachments

• Tool.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Can't seem to open the .zip file, Seaman. I get a message that says "it appears that this is not a valid achive"

rogerwa

Commander

You can also use the label templates. You do this by following the label wizard and picking an Avery label patern that fits your need.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You can also use the label templates. You do this by following the label wizard and picking an Avery label patern that fits your need.

Yeah rogerwa, I thought of that but when I went there it did not give me a good view with all the chosen label sizes laid out on a full page.

But a big thanks to all of you for your input. I now have a good selection of 'tool tickets' to include with my cork board gift to the old time OMC mechanic. Want to keep him around as long as possible. They are getting fewer and fewer between.