Where do these parts go on 3 HP Lightwin 1963

DevonBoater

Recruit
Hi all you nice iboats people.
This is my first post here so I hope I get it right.
After 20 odd years in the back of my shop I decided to take a look at the old 63 Lightwin 3 I had half disassembled and abandoned with a view to getting it back together. Encouraged by the great advice on this site and the help from Tom's Outboard-Boat-Motor-Repair site I cleared the bench and took the whole thing to bits (except the prop gears). I put in new impeller, carb repair kit, coils, points plugs and leads etc. At the end of it all I couldn't remember where/how this small brass bit fitted on the low speed needle valve which I think has the function of restraining the valve from turning freely. (Picture) and the other bit is a guide through which the plug leads run which presumably attaches somewhere to keep the leads from getting into contact with hot parts.(other picture). Any thoughts would be welcome. :)

Attachments

• DPP_0004x.jpg
    DPP_0004x.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DPP_0003x.jpg
    DPP_0003x.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where do these parts go on 3 HP Lightwin 1963

Normally that item would go forward to restrict the knob from turning 360 degrees. It's not needed... install new packing washers and tighten the brass locking nut to a point where as needle valve will not move due to vibration.

DevonBoater

Recruit
Re: Where do these parts go on 3 HP Lightwin 1963

Normally that item would go forward to restrict the knob from turning 360 degrees. It's not needed... install new packing washers and tighten the brass locking nut to a point where as needle valve will not move due to vibration.

Thanks Joe. That's very helpful.