NASCAR News

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
It looks like NASCAR will be at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in the near future. This was just on the local radio station yesterday. It should be interesting to watch on that road course.

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: NASCAR News

Cool !! Been to Mid Ohio about 20 times over the years. I remember in the 80's when the IROC series was there. It was fun watching those big cars on the 2.4 mile course.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Its a fantastic road course. I'm surprised that it has happened. In the past, rumor had it that the track was too narrow for NASCAR. This area had the Truck series for 4 years. Half mile track was more of a dodgem contest. some drivers liked it, but most didn't.

I like watching the Pro Bikes. That weekend around here is a blast. Brings in lots of people. My most memoriable time out there was in the early 80's watching the bikes run in the rain. They would fish tail all the way down the back stretch. The "S's" is where to watch, or out of the hairpin on the backstretch. I hope they do something with the roads leading in, With 80,000 in the past and this will raise it to figures that are estimated at a minuim of 100,000.

The local radio station said it is scheduled for a race in August of 2013

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Woah! You guys had me worried there for a minute. I thought they might have dropped the Road America race.

But I see it is still in the schedule.

Maybe the cup guys will be adding another road course race sometime in the future.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Woah! You guys had me worried there for a minute. I thought they might have dropped the Road America race.

But I see it is still in the schedule.

Mid Ohio is replacing the race in Montreal.

Maybe the cup guys will be adding another road course race sometime in the future.

If only! Another Cup road course race would suit me just fine.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Figures, thats the same weekend as Michigan International. Guess I wont be making it to Mid-Ohio.