1996 2 stroke Mariner 75 Swivel Bracket and Steering arm

EMC 1810SS

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1996 3 cylinder Mariner 75 that the swivel is rusted and stiff. I have been told it is easer to replace the entire mid stection rather than try to replace the Swivel Pin (#99661A35) and bottom yoke (#42961A06) has anyone tried either repair? I found a used mid for about $375. What would you sugest?

M

Maxz695

Re: 1996 2 stroke Mariner 75 Swivel Bracket and Steering arm

The powerhead would have to be removed in order to get the upper mount steering bolts out of the steering tube to the lower yoke. The lower mounts must be undone and the midsection pulled off to relace the steering shaft to the yoke. If you have removed the power head before then this might be something you want to do. If not it may be more throuble than it,s worth. I took mine down and changed the mounts and cleaned up my swivel as steering got bound up sometimes and works great now. You can get used parts from ebay but then do the math and see which is most cost effective as well as time consuming. Either way you will have to dismantle it so go from there. <EDIT> I need to clearify a few things Just got up a bit ago. Removing the LU and powerhead is best. Unbolt the upper mounts and remove the bolts. There is either a spring clip or blolt holding the steering shaft in the yoke and must be removed to get the steering shft out. It may be possible to remove it "without" removing the lower mounts. There should be some play and maybe enough to move the shaft back and forth to get it to rize out of the swivel arm. Losening the lower mount bolts may be reuired. Just didn,t want you to do more than is nessecary. Good luck