Help updating my gps

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello every one I have a garming GPS on my boat is a model gpsmap 230 yes is a bit old but I will like to give it a try I have a card with a offshore of Houston - Galveston from navionics is there a way I can change that to Florida and how can I update the firmware of the GPS garming sale a SD card but this GPS don't get those

Thanks for u help

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help updating my gps

It’s not going to happen. Garmin use a propriety format

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Garming have the update in there website I will need a com cable for that idk what should I do now I am thinking in getting a new GPS but I don't know witch will be good this one is old and look in good condition I just need the charts for Florida

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Go to Garmin.com and click on Tech Support chat. (S)he can explain how to update your GPS and how to get the FL maps. A USB cable and Mapsource software are a lot cheaper than a new unit.

mannydvk11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was able to get in ebay the gchart card for Florida I called garming and they told me they don't support the gpsmap 230 anymore I will give it a try after the card gets here and see how it works I have to mount it to the boat ill keep u guys posted

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

GARMIN, Manny, GARMIN.