Where do I start?

murrayfish

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have so mane things that need maintenance and or trouble shooting I'm not sure where to start.
1) Trim rams need new hoses before I can even trouble shoot.
2) New impeller
3) All new bellows
4) Controls need help with neutral bypass...
5) All new interior (for my wife) :p

So my question is, is there an order of these things that will make my overall job go smoother? I know that the interior should be last...
2012-10-20_14-31-32_835.jpg

2012-10-20_14-31-13_245.jpg

2012-10-20_14-31-36_893.jpg

Thanks
Murray

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where do I start?

Assuming you mean where to start mechanically (Interior has nothing to do with this forum). You have to pull the drive to do other maintenance, so that is the best time to change the impeller and any other things to do with the drive.
And check your lower shift cable before changing the bellows, it would be changed at the same time as the bellows and hoses.
But I would disconnect the cables, and run the engine with water hooked to the engine before doing a lot of drive and transom work. If the engine is junk, you may want to reconsider any of it. Basiscly, troubleshoot and look at everything before you start buying parts.

wellcraft-classic210

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where do I start?

I would prioritize things by; broken , then preventive maintanance and give the cosmetics a lower proirity then the others.

1 thing a time & you will get thier--

I find a computerized list can help to track & manage or reset your poject goals. For Parts ordering some site offer a wish list feature which is great for keeping track of parts you may not want immediatley or for your next order.