2000 Volvo Penta 3.0 GS Raw water pump bracket

Hello,
I just purchased a used 2000 Four Winns 170 with a 3.0L Volvo Penta GS and I am replacing the raw water pump impeller before storage. My question is my motor does not seem to have a bracket on the front of the pump to keep the pump static while the serpentine belt is rotating. My thoughts is this would put alot of stress on the hoses to keep the pump clocked at the correct position. Does anyone know if a bracket is required and a PN or where I can find one.

The service manual shows one but it shows a slightly different pump that i believe is on a GL engine since the service manual covers both.

Cheers,
Gator Fan Josh

Attachments

• Raw Water Pump Bracket.PNG
    Raw Water Pump Bracket.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
Re: 2000 Volvo Penta 3.0 GS Raw water pump bracket

$185.00 ouch,
Thanks for the reply, I might just end up fabbing something up myself

TregoMark

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow, that's a crazy price. I have one on mine, and I'd highly recommend it. At that price though, I'd fab one too or find a used one.

That is exactly what I am doing. I am trying to source one from shipshapeTN.com does anyone know anywhere to find used Penta parts either on-line or by phone?

I was changing my impeller this weekend and found that the plastic tubes attached to my brass pump housing are loose resulting in air being sucked into the pump and I guess that is why my pump wasn't working. I imagine it is like trying to use a cracked drinking straw. The design for this system seems kind of sketchy with the pump having to "pull" water from the lake and also "push" it up to the top of the motor. Meaning that any air leak would cavitate that pump very easily. Has anyone replaced their belt driven pump with an electric model? If I have to spend almost $400 on the bracket and housing it almost seems like a viable alternative.

Thanks

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think you will find that the plastic tubes were doing the job of the bracket and stopping the pump rotating, which probably caused them to come unstuck. I am sure they can be resecured with Araldite.
The bracket I think could be knocked up by a local machine shop, you just need to find someone with the same motor to let you borrow it from their motor in the off season whilst you get one made. You would however have to get the rubber moulding that fits on the end from Volvo Penta.