115hp mercury blueband

Hi there,
I have just done a full go over of my 115hp mercury blueband motor. Taken all 3 carbies off and fully dismantled and cleaned, renewed all fuel lines, new water pump, new plugs. When i started it there was water seeping through the 2nd and 3rd spark plug as well as a little hole net to the top spark plug. Before this my tell tale water lines was blocked at outlet so i unblocked it and then had a stream flowing. Also had water coming out of the exhaust vents. Why is this happening.Is it something to do with when i put the bottom leg back on after installing the water pump and maybe misallingning when put together. IT never use to leak water from the spark plugs?????????

Any answers?
Thanks
Glenn

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 115hp mercury blueband

Post a pic of motor.Im thinking hole near #1 plug is for temp gauge probe.Water around spark plugs sounds like leaky gaskets.
Water from exhaust vents is fine.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

May be a coincidence but I had a tower and the only thing I did to it in 7 years was to replace the gasket under the water jacket cover due to leaking around the spark plugs. Has nothing to do with fixing your water pump unless your old one was shot and now you have more pressure and the pressure found a new way out.

I didn't have a Merc dealer handy and twas before the days of the internet so my local NAPA (full service) parts house fixed me up.

Mark

Which is the water jacket cover, is it the face that the spark plugs go through or is it the cover on the side of the motor on the opposite side of the power packs

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

The exhaust cover is on the port side of the motor (opposite of the Switchboxes). The cylinderhead water jacket cover is under the spark plugs.

sourbsted

Petty Officer 1st Class

Your cylinder water jacket cover it leaking because of bad gasket or corrosion. My blueband had issues with water weeping out the pee hole and eventually stopped completely. It leaked around the spark plugs holes too. When i pulled the jacket/cover off the channel that leads to the pee hole was blocked up. I replaced the cover gasket and now its sweet! A strong flow out of pee hole and no leaks.

can anyone help me with the wiring of the idol stabiliser control unit for my 115hp blueband 80-83yr?. I disconnected it years ago and cant remember the wiring configuration.

sourbsted

Petty Officer 1st Class

IMAG0104.jpg

If you want more let me know there on my photobucket album..

Thankyou,
But want i need to now is how the wires are connected to the power pack. That diagram dosnt show this for me.
Can you help me with that??

Cheers,
Glenn

Can you do a manual test on the unit prior to installing to see if it is in working condition. If so how?

M

Maxz695

It may need a new rear cover gasket as it seals right where the plugs are. If the exhaust cover is leaking water as well it will be needing new gaskets as well. Take your time in removing the bolts if this is the problem as they break fairly easily. A little back and fourth turning of the bolts is highly recommended to get the bolts moving and it actually helps discintigeate the corrosion between the bolt and the bolt holes. Check good to make sure the water coming out of the rear cover is at the sealed area I described. The blocked pisser may have breated enough pressure to make the gaskets give way.

M

Maxz695

Most power packs have abrreviated colors to indicate which color wire goes where. You have a doulble swichbox on this correct? also The S/N would help someone find you the iformation needed to post correct information for your engine

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

You do not want to reinstall the idle stablizer as it will damage engine if it fails.....thats may be why its disconnected.