Wiring a low oil warning light for main resevoir for a 150 hp 2 stroke

I have a 2 stroke 150 hp TXRB 2003. The gauge cluster that came with the boat is a Faria and has no provision for the red, green and yellow light system that the Yamaha gauge system has. The resvoir (main) is opaque and mounted in a location which is hard to access which makes it near impossible to look at the resevoir and tell what the oil level is at any given time. I would like to install a small yellow LED light in the current gauge cluster so I can tell when the oil level is low and requires filling. I always keep a couple of gallons of oil in the console and it would be a blessing to know when the resevoir is low enough to accept a gallon of oil, but not OUT.... running out of oil is a pain in the sack and it happens more than I care to deal with. The other side of that coin is that not know what current the level is makes it too easy to overfill the resevoir and make a mess all over the place, that happens alot too.
Just curious if anyone could tell me which color leads coming off the resevoir I would need to pick up and run to the light? I haven't started this project yet and I am sure I will be able to determine from trial and error how to get where I want to be but if anyone has been there before and would be considerate enough to share the knowledge it would make a tedious task much simpler. I would be very, very greatful.
Thanks in advance.....CPB

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wiring a low oil warning light for main resevoir for a 150 hp 2 stroke

do you have float for factory resiviour? should be easy to adapt. suzuki uses a 4 light system 3 greens and a red. 3 greens is full,2 greens 2/3 ,1 green is low red means adds. i may have an old system from an old suzuki,if interested it was off a 75 hp motor.