Value insured project boats?

Back in the day I had a Mercury Comet Convertible (Ford Fairlane basically), and I had it insured at a value that I agreed upon.

Are any boat insurance policies available with a similar agreed value insurance?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Value insured project boats?

Might try posting this Q in the Boat Topics forum

Lots of buying/selling & insuring discussions over there.

Good luck getting the info & the insurance :)

F14CRAZY

Ensign

My Bayliner is insured with an agreed upon value policy through my State Farm agent ($4k)

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I got my Chris Craft insured for way more than I paid for it... The agent said what's the value?, and I gave her a number that I thought would recoup my time, materials, etc.. if got stolen or damaged by fire, etc.. There was no independent valuation, survey, etc...

However, that was a 1975 boat, and I'm not sure if they would do the same for new models...

86 century

Ensign

Geico will do it. Your premium is based on what you claim its worth

tpenfield

Staff member

I also have an agreed value insurance policy on my new-to-me boat. In most cases, you will need a surveyor's report to substantiate the value.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I got a quote from Boat US for an agreed value. I named a value on the application, and they agreed to it; I just had to send pictures of it.

F14CRAZY

Ensign

State Farm didn't need pictures, a survey, or anything else other than what I told my agent what I wanted it to be insured for over the phone

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

State Farm didn't need pictures, a survey, or anything else other than what I told my agent what I wanted it to be insured for over the phone

Same here...