Trottle up problem on 84 60hp

lmbr

Seaman
I have been working on this engine for a while and finally have it running really well except for 1 minor problem. After the engine is warmed up and been running for a while (it really runs very well) and I return to idle or stop, when I throttle back up I have to do so gradually or it bogs down. It's probably a minor adjustment and I can live with it if I have to, but as well as it runs otherwise it would be nice not to have to deal with this. In the course of getting to this point I have rebuilt both carbs, replaced all fuel lines, replaced fuel filter, added water separator, replaced both coils, plugs, and wires. There are no fuel leaks now (I did deal with that earlier). I have been thru the repair manual making adjustments as well asI wam able but there are some things I'm not sure of. The link and sync procedure is a litte hard to follow because the manual jumps around quite a bit and it seems to have been written for as a shop repair manual and not for owner maintenance. Any help would be appreciated.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trottle up problem on 84 60hp

What manual do you have ??

lmbr

Seaman

Evinrude/Johnson Outboard Shop Manual 48 - 235 HP 1973-1989 (Includes Sea Drives)
This is one I downloaded.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

I take it then that this isn't the OEM Manual. If it's something from Seloc or Clymer, they Suck. The OEM is still the best.

lmbr

Seaman

My understanding was that this is the download version of the OEM. But when dealing with the internet, who knows. The watermark on each page reads "Workshop Manuals from Manuals-n-More" if that helps.
But the question still remains, other than what manual I have, does someone have a idea of what could be causing the problem?

lmbr

Seaman

I take it then that this isn't the OEM Manual. If it's something from Seloc or Clymer, they Suck. The OEM is still the best.

So what do you suggest I do? I'm in limbo.