Fuel line

Robert_A

Recruit
Hi All, new guy here...loving the forum, loads of very useful info...so thanks to all for the great posts.

I dont even know if i am in the right place to ask this, but mods pease feel free to move to the correct section if need be.

my problem is that i don't know what type of connector i need to connect to my fuel tank, i will attempt to post a photo, but in case that does not work i shall try to describe it for now, it looks kinda like some kind of baynet connection, the inside has a spring loaded ball which forms the seal (i think) the external diamater is about 18 mm outside casing and there is a internal casing about 12mm which has the baynet recess...the actual length of the "plug" looks about 65 mm.... which is on top of a plate which bolts to the tank....im rubbish at describing this :( so i just hope i can get a foto up and i can find out the correct fitment.... the engine side (Evenrude 6hp ) is no problem as i have the correct fitting for that...it is just the tank is from another engine and i dont know what one...tia

Robert.

Attachments

• tank connector.jpg
    tank connector.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuel line

agreed--mercury. maybe you want to just buy an OMC tank fitting a swap it out? The hose end fitting is right pricey. Or scavenge the used boat yards.