First Fishin' Vid

foodfisher

Captain
Re: First Fishin' Vid

Nice carp and release. "You'll have to pardon the quality," You should have reccomended dramamine:)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I've got to work on a way to hold the camera steadier. I was holding it by the lanyard in my rod hand, it would also help if I was better at editing too.

I still can't believe how the fishing gods changed that fish from a big ol' Striper when it first saw it surface, and then into a Smallmouth Buffalo when I got it to the boat!... is there such a thing as a trophy trash fish?:D

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is no such thing as a trash fish!!!!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

There is no such thing as a trash fish!!!!

Those Europeans love thier Carp eh!?;)

The Smallmouth Buffalo is actually a magnificent beast with their deep bodies and broad tail, kind of like the Brahma Bull of freshwater... but damn they're ugly in the face!!!:D

The one in the vid was the third one I've caught, and I've never caught a little one.
DSC01330.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

All 3 were caught while Crappie fishing. The other 2 were caught on live minnows and this was the first one I've caught while trolling.

They're always an epic battle, and I always release then unharmed so they can make me more gladiators to do battle with.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Fly fishermen are starting to get into the carp thing which makes a lot of sense when you think about it. They never keep fish and carp are great fighters as you know. Lots of guys around here, and probably in your neck of the woods too, grew up eating carp that had been pressure cooked and canned like salmon.