Yahmaha 200 2strokes

frfly172

Seaman
Looking for life expectancy and fuel burn for twin 1997 200 yahmaha 2 strokes.Thanks Ron

Charlie in TX

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Yahmaha 200 2strokes

It depends. Maintenance, load, oil quallity, your willingness to put money into it. No design flaw to make a carbed Yamaha. If it was not abused, it can go for thousands of hours.

As a rule for carbed 2 stroke motors, they will burn 10% of there horse power per hour at full throttle. So about 20 gph.

I have twin 150 HPDIs on a boat. The fuel meter shows 33 gph ish at full throttle.

robert graham

Admiral

If you just maintain them and keep clean,fresh fuel in them all the time, they'll run for years. I bought my 90C Yamaha new in 1999 and it's never given a bit of trouble. Install a fuel/water separator, use fuel stabilizer like Stabil or Seafoam and learn to drain carbs float chambers a few times per year, but especially for lay-up periods of several weeks/months. Any water, debris, trash can accumulate in those carb float chambers and draining them is just a great preventive maintenance item. It's really good for your motors to run great, all the time, every time! Good Luck!

frfly172

Seaman

thanks motors have been well maintained going to give the boat a try Thanks Again