Re-ring volvo penta 4.3gl parts question

likeg

Cadet
I have done some reading on other posts regarding engine parts for the 4.3gl and have a few questions. I need to (at a minimum) re-ring my 4.3gl due to a hydrolock that sat for about 2 months before I investigated the problem and found out what was wrong. My plan is to pull the motor and have the cylinders honed/or bored depending upon what it needs.
This motor was in excellent shape before the hydrolock with low hours so I dont expect to find anything worn out within the motor. No water in the oil so the crank/rods, etc. should be ok.

According to what I have read I can use regular automotive parts for the internals (specifically rings) possibly main bearings. The only differnce is the "freeze" plugs, cam, head gaskets, and marine electronics, fuel sytem, etc.
It is my impression that the gaskets in touch with the cooling system need to be of marine compatible materials (head, exhaust manifold, and possibly intake manifold gasket). My question is can all the other gaskets such as oil pan, water pump, rear main and crank seals, etc be automotive grade. I have notoced the vovlvo penta gaskets are at least twice as much as automotive grade gaskets (head and exhaust gaskets) excluded. If I can use automotive gaskets for the areas that is compatible that is the avenue I will pursue.
Thanks for any input you have in advance.