Honda muffes?

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi all
I just aquired a 97 25hp Honda 4 stroke, do they make muffes?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Honda muffes?

If by muffes you mean ear muffs for rinsing engine after use, check Iboats, West Marine, Defender, are availablle in different shape models to fit almost any tail ...

Happy Boating

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

If by muffes you mean ear muffs for rinsing engine after use, check Iboats, West Marine, Defender, are availablle in different shape models to fit almost any tail ...

Happy Boating

Yes sir, that's what I meant.
I browsed iboats but only saw ones for motors with the water intake on the side, mine has a intake above the prop also. I used a large Tupperware box to flush it now. Would be easier w/ muffs.

pvanv

Admiral

Motors that have the intake on the anti-ventilation plate will need either a flushing adapter (if applicable for that model), or you will need to flush if in the water. Use a big barrel or test tank (if you can arrange to use one).

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Motors that have the intake on the anti-ventilation plate will need either a flushing adapter (if applicable for that model), or you will need to flush if in the water. Use a big barrel or test tank (if you can arrange to use one).

Thanks guys, and sorry I have all these dumb questions, I have not got the manuel yet.

Baisicly I need to plumb a water hose into the hole marked flush? ( I will take a pioc tonight & post)

isaksp00

Petty Officer 1st Class

If it is like my Honda 8HP, they make a special rubber fitting that goes over the intake on the anti-cav plate (I don't have one, as the PO lost it). But I just stick mine in a garbage can of water to test it. You should be able to order one from a Honda dealer.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Get some standard muffs, then put a strip of duct tape over the top intake. Flush in idle and you'll be fine. If you decide to use the flushing port, be sure to read the manual carefully. My Honda says 'do not operate the engine if using the flushing port'.

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Get some standard muffs, then put a strip of duct tape over the top intake. Flush in idle and you'll be fine. If you decide to use the flushing port, be sure to read the manual carefully. My Honda says 'do not operate the engine if using the flushing port'.

Finally got the owner’s manual, I read the flushing instructions; (You are correct 'do not operate the engine if using the flushing port') muffs & duct tape seems to be the simplest way, this or the trash can method. Thanks for the info.

zurk

Seaman Apprentice

west marine has em for $11 or so. make sure you run in neutral alone and you need a motor stand for it.
ebay has stands for $40 or so to support 300lbs which are decent.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

By the standard pro muff which puts the water through on both sides.

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Zurk, A motor stand?:confused: Why not on my boat?:confused:

TOHATSU GURU, What about the intake on the cavitaion plate, this motor has 3 intakes, muffs alone will not work. Don't ask me how I know that.:facepalm::redface:

MattFL

Master Chief Petty Officer

If you have good water flow through the muffs, you do not need to tape off the vent under the anti-ventilation plate. I have been flushing my 50HP Honda (BF50A) with only the muffs for the past 13 years and it works just fine. You can tell if you have enough water flow because water will be pouring out of the under-plate vent while the motor is running. It's worth a try with yours. :)

I will add that mine has water vents on the sides of the lower unit AND under the anti-ventilation plate.