Winterized Early

sam60

Captain
We wanted to hit Lake Mead one more time this year, but I'll wait until spring.

We've had a few mornings in the high 30's so I took the time yesterday to drain outdrive, manifolds, block and heat exchangers. I didn't want to get caught off guard if the temps dip too much.

Anyone else in the SW calling it a year?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Winterized Early

I don't live in the SW, but my boat is going into storage today. Basically, moving it from my garage to a friends storage shed. Used it for the last time last Sunday....... My daughter and I went out fishing.

64osby

Admiral

I finally decided it was time to put my OB's away for the year.

Drained the LU on 5 motors. 3 looked they had never been run, one was very dark and a 5.5hp was milk shake. Looks like the little one will get a LU rebuild over the winter.

I was really hoping for one last Indian summer run. On to deer hunting.

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer

I winterized a couple weekends ago, but luckily the jet only takes 5min to do, so if we get a nice enough weekend I can hit the lake, pull the hoses and block plugs before driving home.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Winterized? what's that? :p

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

i got plans to go boating tomorrow:D

southkogs

Staff member

I took a run on Saturday to burn some fuel down, but pretty much put her away for the year. We'll be traveling through the holidays and don't usually go out in January or February ...

But winterizing for me is draining the block, checking the lube and puttin' it in the garage :)