Dynasty 4.3LX question

jtcamp

Recruit
Hi everyone...first post.<br /><br /> I have a '95 Dynasty with a 4.3LX. I am currently replacing many rotted pieces of wood and I have run into a problem and have some questions. My boat has twin engine hatches that span a large area and were from the factory only support by a lip that is attached to the back seat. Does that make sense? The lip(which goes across the width of the boat) is rotted and the hatches are falling into the engine compartment. I believe that it will fail again if I replace it as it was designed. Here is my question.<br /><br /> Would it be a bad idea to replace 2 of the manifold bolts and both of the thermostat housing bolts with studs and use those studs to support a steel plate that would support the hatches? In addition to these I would also have to fab some supports for the corner of the hatches but that isn't a concern. I have the two piece manifolds. My concern is about stress on the motor. For years I have been stepping on the manifolds while doing work and had no problems with cracks, etc. I wanted to ask the experts. What do you think?<br /><br />John