Major quake off Prince Rupert BC - Tsunami warnings out for west coarst and Alaska

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Major quake off Prince Rupert BC - Tsunami warnings out for west coarst and Alask

Hopefully every ones OK, iboats member Mike Robinson is on Hyda Gwaii.

Puddle Jumper (Kerry) just had his town on Wave alert at the north end of Vancouver island.

keep your heads up guys!!!

Rob

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Major quake off Prince Rupert BC - Tsunami warnings out for west coarst and Alask

Just checked it out and it says cancelled just over 1 hour ago. That's a relief for everyone in that area.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

At 11:54 a 6.4 quake hit south of Sandspit BC by the sounds of it, that's still fairly north of the original 7.7 quake..

Is the island is getting a swarm like California did?

Bigprairie1

Commander

At 11:54 a 6.4 quake hit south of Sandspit BC by the sounds of it, that's still fairly north of the original 7.7 quake..

Is the island is getting a swarm like California did?

We heard a lot about it but we didn't see any results from it....at least to my knowledge. if there was a wave surge it must have been pretty minor, at least around here.
Since the first 'hit' tho' there have been about 30+ aftershocks going on up there which I'm sure is a little stressful for the Haida/Gwaii folks.
BP:)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

So this time a 6.3 hit just off the west side of Vancouver island, the quakes are heading south!

Bigprairie1

Commander

So this time a 6.3 hit just off the west side of Vancouver island, the quakes are heading south!

yeah, hopefully they keep going.....damn snowbird quakes.:D:D Maybe California could use them.
That said, we didn't feel anything here and hopefully it stays that way.
BP:):cool:

86 century

Ensign

Hope all is ok up that way.

I can't help but be reminded of Robin Williams every time I hear about an earthquake. He called California gods etch-a-scetch.