NFL - Week 8

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I sure hope Ponder can shake his turnover issues tonite. I think it has messed with his head and he can't shake it up to this point. We'll find out in a couple hours........ C'mon Vikes!

MIN_logo-80x90-1.gif

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: NFL - Week 8

I plan to watch the game. Hopefully it keeps me awake more than baseball !!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

This is terrible so far. What an ugly start.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Much better. Came out way to tight on offense. I think they're starting to relax a little and finally making plays.......

aspeck

Staff member

Don't get NFL network, so didn't see, but didn't expect that outcome. Been a very unpredictable season so far.

TilliamWe

Banned

Had my "co-worker" giving me updates throughout work last night (he's allowed to have a phone, we are not). Happy for the Bucs.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Don't get NFL network, so didn't see, but didn't expect that outcome. Been a very unpredictable season so far.

I thought the Vikes might have a tough time, but I also thought it would have been a close game. Before the game I would have thought it would be a coin toss on who would win. Adrian coughed it up that lead to 7, 10 total from turnovers. It seemed TB started most of their drives around the 50 yd line in the 1st half. Their ugliest game this year, IMO......

In my picks I actually went against the home team(I had a bad feeling), then changed it. My wife warned me that was a mistake!:facepalm:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I think my prediction(When they were 3-1) that they would be 6-4 at the bye week is going to happen. Then they have a tough run the rest of the way and finish below .500.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I think a lot of the problem right now is, Ponder's confidence. He has none..... Best part of the game was when Jared Allen went toe to toe with Penn. The next play Allen smoked Freeman.........

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Too bad the Minn offense couldn't capitalize on the emotion of that play.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How in the heck are the Bears 5-1? They'd better get their act together.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Giants held on to defeat the cowboys in a nailbiter finish after being ahead 23 - 0 :eek:

aspeck

Staff member

Did you catch the Steelers 1934 Uniforms? The Pittsburgh Bumble Bees! YIKES! No wonder they played so well ... the were so embarrassed by the unis that they had to play up to their potential or be scared for life!

Good week so far with the picks. Hopefully I can keep the momentum through the last 2 games of the week.

aspeck

Staff member

How in the heck are the Bears 5-1? They'd better get their act together.

Just remember, it is not a beauty contest! All that matters is the score at the end. Bears continue to win ugly, but they are winning.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

Giants held on to defeat the cowboys in a nailbiter finish after being ahead 23 - 0 :eek:

Those reviews are tough.
I saw one angle that looked like his palm touched first - inbounds....then his fingers.
But I'm sure they checked seven ways to sundown before changing the call.....in Dallas. :)

One of those games where i am glad i don't have a dog in the fight.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Did you catch the Steelers 1934 Uniforms? The Pittsburgh Bumble Bees! YIKES! No wonder they played so well ... the were so embarrassed by the unis that they had to play up to their potential or be scared for life!

They looked like jailbirds. Those ugly things better work next month when the Steelers wear then against the Ravens. Good luck on the rest of your picks.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Winning ugly is one thing, looking manhandled is another.