What Service Manual? 1996 VP 5.0 FI

enginerd

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I just purchased our first boat, a 1996 Four Winns u17. I have been devouring this forums trying to learn as much as I can. Several threads in the "adult section" recommend the factory service manual. I have spent two nights searching for a service manual to no avail. Here is what I know:

Year: 1996
Brand: Volvo Penta Branding (OMC on SN sticker, see picture)
Model: 5.0 FI
Model #: 50FAPNCA
Serial #: T01288736

I found this thread, which is very informative. Would a Volvo Penta manual suffice? If so, is there a way to convert my OMC Serial # to a Volvo Penta Serial #?

Thanks!
Eric

Serial Number.jpg

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What Service Manual? 1996 VP 5.0 FI

Your engine is from the joint venture period between OMC and Volvo. There is no conversion from model & SN from OMC to Volvo that I am aware of.

You can go to this link http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html and use the Volvo NC model manuals. They are almost identical, except for model numbers shown and some part numbers for tools and lubes etc. where OMC used their numbers and Volvo used theirs. The manuals are all just low resolution scans with very poor pictures.

enginerd

Cadet
Re: What Service Manual? 1996 VP 5.0 FI

Thanks Don. That is just the information I needed. I'm going to be ordering a "set" of NC Volvo Penta manuals from Ebay tonight.

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Thanks again!

Eric