2008 2 stroke Mercury 50hp Elpto knocking noise

Johnyd755

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I bought this 2008 Mercury ELPTO 50hp 2 stroke motor about 6 months ago. The motor has continued to give me issues from the start. Maybe someone could help... The motor has great compression top125, mid130, bot135. All cylinders are recieving spark and the carbs are perfectly clean. It starts right up without hesitation but you can hear a knocking noise coming from the bottom cylinder and the entire motor jerks side to side. When the motor is under a load (in the water) the problem becomes very apparent. It runs ok when the throttle is under 40-50%. But when you push it past that the motor increase RPM but there is no response in speed. It also begins to jumps forward in an attempt to speed up but then slows down and jumps again if the hub was spun (its not, i had it replaced). A motor this size should go around 30mph on my boat but i cant reach more than 15mph without it acting jerky. I got it checked by my mechanic and he believes there may be an issue internally. He believes I should tear the head apart to see whats going on. That is a last resort for me because that is $$$.Does anyone have any idea as to what the issue could be and/or any tests i could do? THank you