Mercury Vengence # 48-825906 19P 4 Blade to high RPM

stspinner

Seaman Apprentice
Trying to find out what this prop is ? Part # 48-825900 Vensura 4 blade , I Can't find the parts # to match the name on the prop. Second parts is what prop do I need ?

Boat Regal 2200 bowrider( 3700 # per manual )Mec 350 Mag / Bravo 1 Drive 1.65 ratio runs 52 mph on gps and 5500 rpm

See alot of Mec Mirage plus onboats similar size boats I'm looking for top speed , also anyone running an Merc Enertia X& alloy ?

Thanks again !

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Mercury Vengence # 48-825906 19P 4 Blade to high RPM

Well... i will take a shot at this and try to get you going. First, i think that number is a vensura prop. Either way, you are not happy with it. I think a lot of heavier deep vees are running a mirage. I would think that a switch to a three blade and higher pitch would make you dislike your holeshot... but it will get your rpms in check. Prolly pick up some mph as well :) So we are shooting for 5000 or 5200rpm? Have you looked at the Bravo props? A lot of guys are very happy with them... take a look. They start at 22p tho... that might be too much for you.

http://www.mercuryracing.com/propellers/bravoisterndrive.php

If it were me and i was shooting for 5200... i would just back the throttle off a bit. That way, when loaded down... you have power to spare. But if your max rpm is 5000, then a prop swap might be in order...

stspinner

Seaman Apprentice

Your correct it is a Vensura 4 blade 19 P, I am going to check the tach tomorrow with an shop tach as I was told the merc 350 mag has a 5400 rev limter on the MPI engine ?? So first I need to verify RPM @ WOT, I would like some more MPH ! trying to find out what was stock prop, I was told to today by Merc racing that he thought the regals used the 4 blade Vensura prop as these hulls are stepped and the 4 blade doesn't have the stern lift of a 3 blade he was going to do some research for me.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The Vensura has a lot of surface area on the blades and is vented. If you look at it from behind it shows about the same area as a Hi-5. It's a great prop for getting you out of the water and, on my boat, was no different than an older 3 blade in top speed. I would think a newer design 3 blade should be faster in top speed, if you stick with SS. You could go to 21' pitch also which would help your top speed also. You will definitely notice that the hole shot is worse if you do watersports.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

Find yourself a good prop shop or a high quality boat dealership that sells boats like yours. They'll know what's best for you.

Some prop shops will let you try out a 3-4 props and return undamaged props for credit. Also, their expertise is free if you buy a prop from them.