89 bayliner

Wayzack

Recruit
I have a 89 bayliner 21ft Capri. I got it for cheap money. I just replaced the springs on the trailer and its missing a few rollers but other then that its in good condition. The boat its self is in descent condition except for the top has a few rips and the the engine needs to be replaced. I know that if I parted it out I could make a few more dollars but wondering how much it is worth now as it sits?

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 89 bayliner

Post some pictures.

Also, where are you located? What engine and drive?

Bondo

Staff member

I have a 89 bayliner 21ft Capri. I got it for cheap money. I just replaced the springs on the trailer and its missing a few rollers but other then that its in good condition. The boat its self is in descent condition except for the top has a few rips and the the engine needs to be replaced. I know that if I parted it out I could make a few more dollars but wondering how much it is worth now as it sits?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... It worth whatever somebody is willin' to pay for it,...

Probably 'bout what You paid for it...

Wayzack

Recruit

boat 1.jpgboat 2.jpgboat 3.jpgboat 4.jpg
the engine is a 3.5 and not sure on the drive
im from cape cod

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Do you mean the engine is a 3.7L ? Not too much money but the trailer is the most valuable part

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

Considering the engine is worth more than the boat is going to mean finding a used replacement. Around here it wouldn't be worth much without a running engine.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

You have a 2152 Capri Cuddy. If it has a 4 cylinder, it's a 3.0L; if it's a V8, it's a 5.0L, at least if it has the original motor. The orginal outdrive is an OMC Cobra, which can be problematic if it needs repair; many marine mechanics won't touch them.

As to value with a bad motor: Not much, perhaps $500 to $1000, depending on condition. Virtually nothing if it suffers from the too-common rotten sole, stringers, and/or transom.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sell the trailer

Yup, getting rid of this thing may require a "trailer for sale, must take the boat on it" approach."

Surprisingly, the boat does not look in too bad of shape. But, with a blown engine, and a drive no one wants, it holds little value.

aspeck

Staff member

If the drive works, that could be of value for someone that needs a replacement. Trailer has some value. Ladder on the trailer might be the most valuable thing in the pics.;)

Wayzack

Recruit

Thanks everyone ill probably just brake even. bought it from a friend thinking I could fix it.