WTH!!, its SNOWING

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Happy saturday morning, or it could have been but the snow is falling:eek:

Not sticking "YET" but you know thats not far behind.

(time to work on the sled)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: WTH!!, its SNOWING

Please keep it there as long as possible. We don't want it here yet !!!!

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Wouldnt you know it 2 minutes after posting, it quit!!!

Now its blowing and raining out, and as I look across the valley the snow is sticking around the 3500-4000 foot level so thats 1000-1500 foot higher than me, thats not much when theres about 1 degree colder change for every 1000 foot increase.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I have seen snow in the mountains of New Mexico in October .. nothing to get freaked out about.

YD.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Please keep it there as long as possible. We don't want it here yet !!!!

Have to agree Ken. rbh, please resist the temptation to share your new weather with us here in Ontario. I'm afraid we'll be plagued by it soon enough.:(

tpenfield

Staff member

A couple of years ago, we got a few inches of snow about this time in October. I remember the Patriots game was going on at the time, and it was an unexpected snow bowl.

It was the sort of thing that you would think could not accumulate, but it did :eek:

kfa4303

Banned

What is this "snow" you speak of? We know it not in my land :)

kfa4303

Banned

Yeah, I didn't want rub it in, but I actually hit the lake today :) No fishing, or anything just vrooming around. I run in the manatee zones a lot so I don't always get a chance to open up the old 20 hp Johnson. Today I was able to do several WOT runs for about 10-20 min a piece as well as lots of idling, and I think the motor was happy to stretch her legs a bit. Only issue I had all day was a trailer light bulb that was out, but I flipped it around it in its socket and Voila! it was cured. All and all it was a beautiful day on the water. Here are some pics.

1020121705-00.jpg1020121712-00.jpg1020121712-01.jpg

P.S.
If it makes y'all feel better, it's getting down to 49F tonight here in the frozen wasteland of North Florida so it'll be a little chilly. I feel your pain (sorta) :)

Thalasso

Commander

Predicted to be colder then normal this year in FLA. Brrrrrr

nwcove

Admiral

topped out at 21c/70f here today. must be nice to be able to go snowmobiling tho! sleds have become about as practical around here as a screen door on a submarine.

Jeep Man

Commander

I've been watching "Highway Thru Hell". Gives me a good idea what you deal with. Look at the bright side. Only 6 months before the boat sees the water again.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Yeah, I didn't want rub it in, but I actually hit the lake today :)

I was on it yesterday. Air temp was in the low 60's, but the water was 48. Soooooo, still wore the longies. Nice to be back on the water one more time..... Supposed to be around 60 most of the week. We have a slight chance of the white stuff this weekend.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

The difference between snow and rain from our home is about 100 foot in elevation.
If I leave the yard and drive down the road 400-600 feet I hit rain, so if I go to town I drop 1400 feet in elevation so that means some crazy $%%$ was out there fishing I am sure :p

and thats either liquid sunshine or frozen liquid sunshine!!

Bigprairie1

Commander

Well, we are not getting down to zero's at this point and certainly no sign of snow on the horizon. We are currently floating around the 10?C. mark (...thats about...50?f in American for our U.S counterparts). We still have about 50% of our leaf cover....and leaf raking has already started in spades around here.
Now, here is the big kicker for us tho'...as a follow up to the thread I threw out there about 'ways to save money going into fall'....we still have not turned on the furnace yet.:eek:
We will probably hold off until Nov. 1st and in the meantime...we are definitely putting the 'ol fireplace to work through the evenings and have switched over to the flannel sheets.:D
BP:):cool:

southkogs

Staff member

Criminy - I had to mow the lawn yesterday! :eek:

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer

What is Snow? Seriously my children 15 and 16 have never seen snow in anything other than movies and pictures. They have never played in it or experienced it in any sort.

kfa4303

Banned

I'd never really seen it until I was in my teens either. I don't think we missed much. Skiing should be done behind a boat, not on a mountain :)

southkogs

Staff member

What is Snow? Seriously my children 15 and 16 have never seen snow in anything other than movies and pictures. They have never played in it or experienced it in any sort.

I'd never really seen it until I was in my teens either. I don't think we missed much. Skiing should be done behind a boat, not on a mountain :)
Dunno' about that - snowmobiles will really change your view of why God made snow :) I try to get our kids up to Michigan as often as I can in the winter to visit family: sledding alone is a big hit.