Bennington seats

hunterleej

Cadet
06 20' Bennington.......I've got her under my carport for the winter and thought I'd give her a good cleaning..Is there a cheap way to clean the seats? I have no idea about what maybe is the best uphostelry cleaner...any thoughts?...Thanks

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Bennington seats

Any good non-ammonia based marine upholstery cleaner will do for general cleaning. Magic Eraser works best on any stains. It is important to wash down any area where you use it with soap and water and dry afterwards, as it IS ammonia based. After cleaning, use 303 Protectant.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I use the tuff stuff vinyl car cleaner and a scrub brush. and then 303.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use a mixture of 1 part amonia, 1 part peroxide, 1 part water. It really works nice, even getting the small black mold you can get occasionally. You MUST go over with 303 after cleaning though!

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I just mix up a batch of auto detergent like you use when washing your car. And use some elbow grease and sponge.

If any stains are still there, I'll usually just go to Awesome--the incredible cleaner sold @ Dollar General for $1 per spray bottle. It's the only thing I've ever found that'll remove black streaks from my travel trailer.

I have some 303 cleaner, but it's no better than other cleaners. The 303 protectant is the stuff to use when you get the seats clean.

My problem is with spider droppings from the ceiling of my boathouse. I put my OEM cover on the boat, and those devils still get under the cover. My next step is making canvas seat covers to place over my seats when not in use.