MAercury 6HP outboard - serial number question

adrjt

Recruit

• Hi I've got a Mercury outboard 2005 with a 6hp engine. I've broken the connector form the external fuel tank into the engine and am trying to get a new one but to do that I need the serial number on our engine and the one I've found doesn't seem to tie up to anything which the catalogs/shops have!

it begins 0R0 and is 8 charaters long.

We live in Australia so I wondered if they have their own non worldwide serial numbers and so if there is any way to tie it back to a standard number?

The engine model seems to be a 2005 ME6ML 4ST

Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

slate1234

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: MAercury 6HP outboard - serial number question

Hi copy and paste 380373926633 into ebay (australia) they seem to have what your looking for
slate1234

carholme

Rear Admiral

Why not just post the full s/n? Then we can get you the parts list and the model number for your engine. The numbers you posted are not the model number.

Gerry

adrjt

Recruit

Hi copy and paste 380373926633 into ebay (australia) they seem to have what your looking for
slate1234

Hi Slate1234,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm actually looking for the other part of this clip - the bit that actually sits in the engine. I've had a couple of tries with part suppliers but neither part I've got fits!

Thks

adrjt

Recruit

Why not just post the full s/n? Then we can get you the parts list and the model number for your engine. The numbers you posted are not the model number.

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your reply. The full serial number is 0R052265. I've tried looking it up on the Mercury website but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thks