1989 Doral Prestancia Generator

spacecrew

Cadet
To the 1989 Doral Prestancia Owners:

How much room is in the engine compartment for a Generator? I'm wondering if a Honda EU2000 (L21"XW12"XH17") will fit below.

Thanks.
David.

r.j.dawg

Ensign
Re: 1989 Doral Prestancia Generator

:eek: Lord sufferin jesus David. Do not. I repeat DO NOT put a non marine generator in the bilge of your boat unless you have a personal preference for fire balls. That thing running in the bilge will blow your boat to kingdom come and back.

We run ours on the swim platform only with a single bow anchor so the boat can swing with the wind and keep the fumes down wind. If you want a generator built in, unfortunately for the safety of you and your family, it will have to be a marine certified $10K unit.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: 1989 Doral Prestancia Generator

:eek: Lord sufferin jesus David. Do not. I repeat DO NOT put a non marine generator in the bilge of your boat unless you have a personal preference for fire balls. That thing running in the bilge will blow your boat to kingdom come and back.

Thanks, r.j. Right on the money. Storing and/or operating a portable genny in the enclosed spaces of a boat is incredibly dangerous.

Spacecrew, please take a boater education course. You need to understand the explosive power of gasoline fumes, the deadly effects of Carbon Monoxide, and the reasons that we all pay more for 'marine-certified' components, particularly when they reside below decks in a boat with an inboard engine.

My .02