Bravo drive identification?

RareVee

Recruit
I got an old project boat for a few hundred bucks a couple months back. Just now getting around to the outdrive. The boat is an 87 but some one apparently upgraded over the years to a Bravo One. The drive had a lot of paint on it but when I pulled it the u-joints and everything look brand new. No damage to the drive. Looks hardly used really. Or at least taken care of. I believe this was some insurance wreck and the boat ended up in a junk yard. Anyways... I removed some paint and found the mercruiser sticker that says "Bravo One" on the rear. It has the external oil res tank. But the port side sticker where the serial number was is missing and the metal is unreadable. I do think I see some thing on the far left of the sticker that looks like it says "1.50P". Anyways.. Does any one have any way of identifying this thing incase I need parts or something?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Bravo drive identification?

88 was the first year for Bravo drives, just because you have an 87 boat, doesn't mean it couldn't have an 88 Bravo drive in it.
What is the serial number on the transom shield, or the engine? May be able to match them up.

RareVee

Recruit

Only thing I could find is the serial number from the engine that was in it.

K003572

I looked it up on a parts website and it said this:

MERCRUISER TB5, W/PS, TWOPCEX, WORO 5.7LX BRAVO

Not sure what most of that means?

Thunderbolt 5.... with power steering.... ?????, ?????, 5.7 LX engine with Bravo drive.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

ENG: 0K003572 457L110KS MERCRUISER TB5, W/PS, TWOPCEX, WORO 5.7LX BRAVO stands for Thunderbolt V ignition, with power steering, two piece exhast (manifold and riser), without remote oil filter. Engine set up for Bravo drives not Alpha.
DRV: 0F813686 5120150JS MERCRUISER BRAVO 1 1.50:1 This is the drive that came with the package, Yes, you have a Bravo I as OEM
TRN: 0K104322 6020000KS MERCRUISER BRAVO TRANSOM

The trick is, your 1987 boat was completely repowered, engine, drive and transom shield in May of 98.