Do cuddies actually have enough room to use the toilet inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a guy 5-10. Is there usually enough room even in a 19-20 foot cuddy to sit on the john comfortably and wipe oneself for a guy my size? I ask because I never owned a cuddy but am considering owning one coz they are much more towable and less expensive than a cabin cruiser. They seem to be the best thing on gas for a boat with enclosed toilet provisions. For comparison, I have test-sat on some of the toilets in some Airstream trailers with certain floor plans and they were virtually so cramped as to be unusable.

Would a 21-22-foot cuddy make a more comfortable rest on the pot for the average-size American guy?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Do cuddies actually have enough room to use the toilet inside?

You "Really" need to go look at boats, not just look at numbers and websites on a computer. Go to boat dealers and actually look at boats.
Get in them and move around. All "cuddies" are not the same. So there really is no answer to your question.

You do a lot of talking and web searching, but you really need to shut the computer off, and go look at boats, go to boating stores and look at real accessories and get a feel for things.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

If you're talking about headroom, there is no problem. Sitting on the toilet is easy and quite comfortable. For a lady, it should be no issue at all. For a man, wellll, its not so easy....

How can I put this.....
The "bowl" on a typical chemical toilet is quite small, not deep that is. Thus, you tend to....hummmm, make contact with the bottom! Or worse, what's in the bottom.

I am 6.0 ft and my boat is a 20' Cuddy.
Yes, there is room to use the porta potty! :)
Of course, it may depend on the design - test before buying ;)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Did you use the toilet on the fishing/head boat? Did you see how small/cramped/nasty it was? Cuddy heads are smaller, and the only thing that goes into those toilets is what comes out of you!

Toilet paper goes into the waste basket... unless you eat part of a roll after you finish your meal.

I have very little modesty and prefer to "hang it over the side" as opposed to using a small boat head (toilets are called "heads" on boats and ships).

I used the "head" on a 32-foot party boat before and that was fine for room. The soiled paper also went into that john.

You mean a guy has to sit lady-style to do number one?

Is it easier for a lady coz they are shorter?

Is it still harder for a man to do number two on one of these cuddy johns?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I used the "head" on a 32-foot party boat before and that was fine for room. The soiled paper also went into that john.

You were lucky, most heads will choke on a paper match stick!

... you'll see what I mean.

The design of the boat or the potty itself? Well, I would certainly sit on the pot before buying to test it for fit just like I used to do Airstreams on the showroom and found some were much more fitting for my toilet posture than others.

I think chemical porta-potties can digest toilet paper since they do not flush as far as I know.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well enough trash talk. CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.