Outdrive oil change lube pumps sucks

Speak

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys I changed my oil in my omc cobra today with quick silver hi performance gear lube and yes I filled it from the middle fill plug. My question is this - I used the quick silver hand pump and found it very messy and border line useless. Is there a better tool/pump than the quick silver one? After I was done I placed it in the trash. :confused: anyway the job is done but what are my options for next year?
Cheers
Stu

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Outdrive oil change lube pumps sucks

If you expect them to pump the oil fast, it's just not going to happen. None of those quart bottle pumps are great pumps.

Rich Novak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just got a battery powered pump from wholesale marine, they say it will pump it out in 3 min. my job took longer but it did work , a lot better than hand pump. I am satified with it.

Cost $39 including shipping.

Rich

Speak

Chief Petty Officer

I just got a battery powered pump from wholesale marine, they say it will pump it out in 3 min. my job took longer but it did work , a lot better than hand pump. I am satified with it.

Rich

Thanks rich.

Best regards Stu

chconger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rich

You say "pump it out"; Is that pump for gear lube or motor oil? I suspect your not pumping out gear lube as gravity does that job.

Note "Speak" is looking for gear lube pump.

And I agree; those cheap bottle top pumps suck! I am thinking of making a custom thing up.