Identify my boat

Chevyguy209

Cadet
Hello everyone, I just got into the Boat storage business. Well when I aquired my yard I picked up this gem in the deal. Its all steel. 40 foot long single diesle. What is it? What do you think its reasonably worth? This baby hardly looks like it ever got wet.. not one speck of rust or corosion on the bottom.
IMG_20120405_162054.jpg

P.s. Thanks for the image help

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Identify my boat

Copy and paste the IMG code to post pics from photobucket.

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

Aha! There it is. That's your boat, right there in the pic in the first post.

What do i win?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

That is a lawn ornament, or a planter.

Unless you have title and registration to go with it.

Interesting looking boat. What's the interior look like?

Chevyguy209

Cadet

Its going into lien sale, the boat gods blessed me to make sure no hin or cf # was on the boat when the hin checker came, Dmv is just is going to re # it.

Interior is in good shape, just not complete.. and out of date. Diamond tuck walls.. lol I think some stripped it or was still building this thing? Ill take some pics and post them.

Chevyguy209

Cadet

IMG_20121018_175351.jpg

IMG_20121018_175419.jpg

IMG_20121018_175636.jpg

IMG_20121018_175933.jpg

I took a million pictures, it has a full bath, captains quarters and flybridge also. Just posting to photobucket on my tablet takes forever. Good looking boat. But not one piece of identifying information.

Chevyguy209

Cadet

Well Just like anything else, its only worth what someone will pay. Yeah after looking up Grand banks trawlers for the last 2 hours, sure fits the body still, and the steering wheel is dead on. I just had problems finding steel hulled from that year range, this thing is solid, barely echos when knocked on. Would you think Id be lowballing myself asking 40k? The title is going to read 2013 Custom Trawler. LoL maybe I can ask that $649000 asking price for the '13 models LOL

And thanks for the links zurk. What do you mean Conversion?

Ned L

Commander

Ah, yea, .... That isn't and never was a "Grand Banks". A true Grand Banks is wood (they were built in Hong Kong I believe & planked with teak), their lines & everything else about them is very different. My money is on a custom built dive boat for taking people out scuba diving. Is that a davit on the port aft quarter? The home made KORT nozzle is more like just a prop guard to keep things out of the prop (A Kort nozzle would not make much sense on a hull form like this). I don't think it is a converted commercial trawer/dragger either, It looks all original and doesn't look 'converted'.What are the accomodations below?

Lake Pirate

Cadet

Its going into lien sale, the boat gods blessed me to make sure no hin or cf # was on the boat when the hin checker came, Dmv is just is going to re # it.

The boat looks to be at least 5 net tons, so it's possible it's been documented with the USCG at some time. Somewhere inside the hull, on a structual beam should be a HIN #. It should be permanently affixed to the boat. On a steel hull, it's usually welded in place. Probably in the engine space. With that number and the boat name, your local USCG might be able to help you out with the boat particulars.

Hope that helps,