Do posts slow down off season?

sam60

Captain
I've haven't been here long, but it seems that the posts drop off big after September. For the people that have been members for years, is it the slow post season? Is it mostly the regulars in the winter?

Summer Fun

Banned
Re: Do posts slow down off season?

I would say that it picks-up on the off season for many on how to repair this or that. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes. Boating/motor related post count drops off as boating activity drops off. Every Spring count goes up to new highs.

sam60

Captain

Yes. Boating/motor related post count drops off as boating activity drops off. Every Spring count goes up to new highs.

That makes sense. I noticed last year that I had a couple of notorious mods go into great detail to help me with some issues in late fall/early winter. I am a better man from that help. Summer seems to stress all helpies and helpers a bit.

You couldn't find a better all around boat joint if you tried. :)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I would say that it picks-up on the off season for many on how to repair this or that. :)

Yup, resto forum is kinda dead in the summer but picks up around this time of year.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

I've noticed that Americans seem to get very grumpy in the winter.
Don't know why.
Cheers
Phillip

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I've noticed that Americans seem to get very grumpy in the winter.
Don't know why.
Cheers
Phillip

How about Canadians ??
Nah.....we're always happy because hockey season is starting...........at least we hoped it would :facepalm:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

It picks right up again when the world junior hockey starts on boxing day :D and again for the NHL playoffs but that may not happen this season :eek::facepalm:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

It picks right up again when the world junior hockey starts on boxing day :D and again for the NHL playoffs but that may not happen this season :eek::facepalm:

No big loss... y'all still have curling!:p

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Some of us just go and spend more time on the snowmobile forums.. Gots to have a toy for every season......:)

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Some of us just go and spend more time on the snowmobile forums.. Gots to have a toy for every season......:)

That's those funny lookin' jet ski lookin' things that ride on snow eh?!... I saw a picture of one of those one time.

oldjeep

Admiral

Or ski racing - although we do have a couple sleds too

WIMUSKY

Staff member

That's those funny lookin' jet ski lookin' things that ride on snow eh?!... I saw a picture of one of those one time.

Ya, pretty much. Just think what you're missin'! No fun for you.....;)

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Or ski racing - although we do have a couple sleds too

You got Mountains in MN?, thought it was kinda flat there.

Sking and the sledding here is "AWESOME DUDE!!"

High times seem to be lunch time after work and sat/sunday afternoon early evening.

Best post padding, ERRR I mean participation from the group is in hockey season regardless of venue.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Best post padding, ERRR I mean participation from the group is in hockey season regardless of venue.

What on earth are you talking about???????:eek::p:D