New lund boat

mrmusky14

Recruit
Im looking for some info here, I am looking at buying a 1875 impact, does anyone have one of these, any opinions? Also will I notice a difference between ips and ips2?. I m looking at a yamaha 150, any thought. Any and all information greatly appreciated.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: New lund boat

the 1875 is a really nice rig .... boats like it can be used to fish, ski, and take the family for a comfortable ride .... if I was in the market for an aluminum boat, it would be at the top of my list .... I look forward to your reports

Jim

Expidia

Commander

Im looking for some info here, I am looking at buying a 1875 impact, does anyone have one of these, any opinions? Also will I notice a difference between ips and ips2?. I m looking at a yamaha 150, any thought. Any and all information greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums. This question would have been better asked in the Lund Forum. Maybe a mod will move it there for you?

Here is a link to the Lund forum, its a little hard to find when you're new:

http://forums.iboats.com/Lund_Boats?boatid=148

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Lund forum is not dead, but has a real slow heartbeat.

Also will I notice a difference between ips and ips2?
Unless you have extensive knowledge of the specific handling characteristics between the two, no.

I m looking at a yamaha 150, any thought.
The 150 will push that baby over 55mph. Nice engines. I have read maybe on here that there are some Yammies with issues but I think they are the higher hp motors.

Don't know where you are located or where you will be using the boat but the Lund will take a seriuos beating. I have had mine on Lake St. Clair (great lakes) in 4 and 5 footers. While I have been completely terrified the boat got me through without issue.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Some of the used Lunds I looked at had a Yammy outboard that had known issues, and were dogs no matter what boat they hung off, but Lund was one of them. A quick google will give you all the data you need, and my guess is this was on Yammys in the past, not 2012. Enjoy that Lund no matter what is hanging off the back, they are really nice rigs.

Mason78

Petty Officer 1st Class

I work with a guy who has an Lund. I can't remember which model but it's around 18'. His has a 115 Mercury and It impresses me. It will run 40-45 MPH and performs well. I don't do a lot of fishing but in my opinion they are set up perfect

Another friend who purchased a Tracker that is very similar. I like both boats. I think that Lund costs a bit more.