Evinrude 200 ficht 2002 conservation

MarkoC

Recruit
Dear All

This year I make with my Evinrude 200 FPX Ficht Ram 2002 about 250Hrs I have a problem with spark plugs and replace it with Champion PEP 12 and after 55Hrs the needle of the spark wear out. Is this normal? 100? for 6 sparks is not inexpensive(every 50Hrs):(
any idea which sparks are better and for longer time?

and please suggest me how to conservate the engine. I hear the E-tec have a program for self-conservation but have also
the ficht ram 2002 same option?

I leave now the boat and engine for 6months in garage while winter is comming.

Await your kindly suggestions

Thank you;);)

MarkoC

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 200 ficht 2002 conservation

Dear All

This year I make with my Evinrude 200 FPX Ficht Ram 2002 about 250Hrs I have a problem with spark plugs and replace it with Champion PEP 12 and after 55Hrs the needle of the spark wear out. Is this normal? 100? for 6 sparks is not inexpensive(every 50Hrs):(
any idea which sparks are better and for longer time?

and please suggest me how to conservate the engine. I hear the E-tec have a program for self-conservation but have also
the ficht ram 2002 same option?

I leave now the boat and engine for 6months in garage while winter is comming.

Await your kindly suggestions

Thank you;);)

I see I am a new one at forum and not worth to answer me. almost 90 people who see my post and no answer

I thank you very much for your help me in famous iboats forum:facepalm:

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

First we need the model number of the motor to know exactly which engine you have and what is the top rpm with a normal load aboard?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Spark plugs on these engines need to be "indexed" when installed. That means they to be installed so the electrodes are pointing in the correct position. The service manual explains how to do this. Whatever plugs were recommended for the engine should be installed.

82rude

Rear Admiral

marko your best bet for that motor is to go to the etec owners community at the brp site and join there.theres a evinrude owners group on there that can answer your questions a lot better than here.theres also down loadable owners manuals that will tell you how to winterize your motor.im not sure about the fitch but the etec is really quite simple to winterize.sivertip is 100 percent correct and there might be part of your problems with plugs if your not indexing them.its mandatory .

Haffiman

Commander

E-tech and Ficht two different animals when comes to preservation. E-Tech's have a special procedure that automatically over-oil the system, Ficht you should use the 'old' system with Fogging oil through the intake as well as run it on the 'Ficht mix' on the fuel side. Take a small tank (5Gal), add 2 =4 as recommended, add 10% fogging oil - hook up to the engine and let it run long enough for the mix to go all the way to the injectors. Shut down with fogging oil through the air-intakes. You will have to turn off the engine with the key and not as on the carbed ones where you 'choke' it with fogging oil.