Is this a good deal? '96 Lund with '95 Merc.

skategoat

Seaman
Guys, I'm pretty new to this so I'm looking for some opinions on this deal.<br /><br />'96 Lund SV16 with '95 Mercury 30hp, electric start. Open boat, tiller steering. Lowrance x65 fish finder, no-name basic trailer with good tires and bearings. Very good condition, low hours, original owner with all manuals.<br /><br />Seller wants $3,400. Opinions?

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Is this a good deal? '96 Lund with '95 Merc.

If thats in Loonies then I would say thats about topside for worth if in good condition, Me I would still offer a nickle less than asking,but would still pay the 3400 if I really liked it and offer was refused, I would think the boat new would be between 4500 and 6000 with pst+gst from dealer and That may be a bit low at that, seemed to me when I attended the Toronto Boat Show this past Jan. It was hard to find a boat of that nature less than 5g's list. There appears to be a severe shortage of good used boat's on the market around here,and good ones seem to fetch good money.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ya its gonna cost for anything used in decent shape.I endnd up buying in Michigan. If the deal falls through check out boat trader on line.Its a bit of a hassle dealing with customs,but you will have alot more to choose from,and even after exchange you will get a lot more boat for the same money.Good luck!<br /><br /> Jim

skategoat

Seaman

That's actually U.S. dollars. Seller wants $4700CDN. Too much?