How Long to Fog

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
in our part of NC, we are fortunate that our weather allows us to use our boat most of the year .... for storage of our outboard I usually run the motor for a while on treated gasoline and then fog it .... in thinking about it, I can't help but wonder what is the acceptable time frame for the boat not being used where fogging the engine really isn't necessary

Jim

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: How Long to Fog

The time to fog your engine is zero seconds. In your area it is simply unnecessary due to the short layup periods. Continue using treated fuel however whether you use the boat or not.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: How Long to Fog

in our part of NC, we are fortunate that our weather allows us to use our boat most of the year .... for storage of our outboard I usually run the motor for a while on treated gasoline and then fog it .... in thinking about it, I can't help but wonder what is the acceptable time frame for the boat not being used where fogging the engine really isn't necessary

Jim
If your motor is oil injected, you might consider adding a light dosage of outboard motor oil into your gas tank, in addition to your oil injection...a bit more smoke, but some additional corrosion protection for your crankshaft area during lay-ups....if you motor is premix, then maybe heavy up oil dosage in the gas tank during intermittent winter running...