1985 Sunbird 195 Bowrider

blk88notch

Recruit
Before i get started i want to thank everyone on the forum for solid information i would of never had the guts to take on this project without all the pics and videos. A family friend gave us a 1985 sunbird bowrider with an aq125/270 it needs the works interior is shot due being left out in the weather for the past 2 years and it needed a timing belt and tensioner. I installed a new belt and tensioner and it fired right up has a slight coolant leak due to missing o rings between heat exchanger and reservoir . Now onto the hard part the deck.
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0352.jpg

Is it ok to replace deck and stringer while on this style roller trailer
IMG_0363.JPG

blk88notch

Recruit
Re: 1985 Sunbird 195 Bowrider

What i accomplished today before i got some cars to work on in shop
Carpet engine fuel tank and drive are all out of boat stringers around engine are completely rotted

IMG_0355.JPGIMG_0361.JPGIMG_0369.JPGIMG_0371.JPG

Jimmy H.

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1985 Sunbird 195 Bowrider

Hi welcome to iboats. Nice boat, looks a lot like mine. I had a bit of an issue with my hull on rollers without the stringers in. There was too much weight focused on the rollers and without the stringers holding everything together it made the hull buldge up at certain spots. I took advice from the experts and built a wooden cradle to hold the shape. I only wished I built the cradle before installing the new stringers.
Good progress so far, looking forward to seeing your work!