Tri Hull Tower

marauder11

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes i know it is not the best boat for wake boarding and it will not increase the value. I want to either build or put on a cheap tower on my tri hull. The main reason is getting the ski pole out of the way to open up more room on my boat plus have a rack to store stuff on. I never have more than 4 people in my boat its very light and has a 120 hp on it it goes good for a 16 footer. Have had a few wake borders behind my boat and they seem to enjoy the ride. The best border actually liked the wake and said it was better than most non wake boarding boats. I have not seen a lot of tri hulls with towers just wondering if you have seen them or had one. How does it work for you if you do have one?

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tri Hull Tower

This photo has been floating around for a couple years - couldn't resist!

307142016.jpg

I've done a lot of skiing years ago behind a 16' Tri hull with an Evinrude 85 hp and it worked great. I'd caution against pulling anything other than wakeboarder with the tower, but otherwise have at it. An older boat may be a bit narrower but I'd bet there is something made that will fit it.

southkogs

Staff member

^^^^Those hafta' be TN numbers on the front of that boat. I love my state, but ... well ... our necks are a little red :)

Marauder: I can't really tell much from your description of the boat, but I'm wondering how well a 16' will handle the pull from the tower. I'm not familiar with wakeboarding like a I am with skiing, but someone outside the wake pulling on the tower might be a little much for your boat depending on how heavy it is. I'm wondering if a pylon might work a little better for you.

Tri-hull isn't the issue: weight and balance are probably the key questions.

86 century

Ensign

Look at big air towers the cheepest on the market.
I like mine works great on our 3500# supra
I can't see your boat being any less stable than some of the 14' narrow beam seadoo jetboats out there with towers.

marauder11

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look at big air towers the cheepest on the market.
I like mine works great on our 3500# supra
I can't see your boat being any less stable than some of the 14' narrow beam seadoo jetboats out there with towers.

Sorry for such late response. I was wondering the same thing about the seadoo boats. I am sure i am wider than some of those.

86 century

Ensign

I believe you would be just fine.
Not that I'm an expert or anything if those squirrely little things can take it your good.